Editors Forum Now live for first Novel: It Matters

For matters related to the striking of DN from IT Matters/Matti's fiction

Moderator: animeprincess

orangepunch
Global Moderator

Editors Forum Now live for first Novel: It Matters

Postby orangepunch » April 1st, 2017, 8:29 pm

The first chapter of It Matters has been uploaded and everyone who has requested to be added as an editor has been sent full access and editor permissions.

This project is a collaborative effort to identify elements in MRSJs literature which are wholly based in DN so that they can be removed from the works, and so that replacement elements/bits of story can be identified or redrafted. When the project is finished, MRSJ aims to publish her fiction novels.

The project is starting with the original first work, It Matters. To be a part of the editing team, please email it.matters.series@gmail.com with who you are on the forum and that you would like to be added to the team and you will be added to the team!

The editing of It Matters is currently in stage 1 - finding and highlighting any element which requires changing, revising, updating, removing etc. Everyone is welcome to participate in the discussion as to how something should be changed or revised or whether it should be removed (for example, discussing a new pseudonym for Mello). There will be polls where relevant so this will be exciting for anyone who isn't enthused by the idea of editing but wants to be a part of the excitement.

As this is the first story, most of the repeated elements, such as names and place names etc will most likely fall here and as the editing moves the other novels, they will probably become more story specific. That is okay, this just seemed the simplest solution to where to place each story's editor's forum.

Please feel free to reply to threads editors make as they go through each chapter, but try to keep on topic as these are to be the reference point for what has already been decided when it is time to start updating the actual stories.
lua

Re: Editors Forum Now live for first Novel: It Matters

Postby lua » April 4th, 2017, 12:46 am

quick question: is there a colour legend for the highlighting? like yellow for the names that will be changing, green for the places or something like that?
orangepunch
Global Moderator

Postby orangepunch » April 6th, 2017, 9:20 pm

I did start writing one yes... there was going to be a whole editors guide document, but I couldn't think of enough examples/categories and knew it might change as we went through, so decided to let it be. I think I started using a theme to separate things out. Generally if it is different to a name or object which is simpler to discuss I used a different colour to identify a larger scene, or context or whatever which needs to be discussed, and a third colour for things like an entire paragraph or few lines that need to be rewritten in some way... is that helpful? >_>
lua

Postby lua » April 6th, 2017, 10:53 pm

yes!

so far i was using my own legend:
yellow for names; dark red for death note things and mentions; green for descriptions of the characters that probably will change (like blonde); blue for quirks and chocolate; purple for real life things that may need to be checked for possibility of law suits; pink for things that need to be check if they still make sense; red for misspellings; dark blue for punctuation.

and variations of those like a lighter yellow for the letters, lighter pink for too much space

but i sometimes forget my own legend o////o *hangs head in shame*
orangepunch
Global Moderator

Postby orangepunch » April 9th, 2017, 2:41 pm

There's cool, that works!

I won't go back and change any work I've already done but since it's written out I'll try to follow this format :)

Return to “It Matters Editors Forum”