Mihael Keehl/Mello needs a new name and pseudonym

For matters related to the striking of DN from IT Matters/Matti's fiction

Moderator: animeprincess

orangepunch
Global Moderator

Mihael Keehl/Mello needs a new name and pseudonym

Postby orangepunch » April 2nd, 2017, 6:10 pm

I'll bring in suggestions mentioned in the names names names thread, but I think they all pertain to a new name for Mihael Keehl... what about a new pseudonym?
lua

Re: Mihael Keehl/Mello needs a new name and pseudonym

Postby lua » April 3rd, 2017, 9:16 pm

considering how the explanation in the novel is connected to L, i think it'd depend on what is L's alias. soooooooo what's L's alias? O:
orangepunch
Global Moderator

Postby orangepunch » April 3rd, 2017, 11:04 pm

Ooooh, well a completely new back story is currently a-brewin... and L may not exist at all anymore. A character, older student, something will come into play that will have some sort of significance to Mello, but may not even be an individual so much an entity or concept.
lua

Postby lua » April 3rd, 2017, 11:10 pm

but will it have enough appeal/importance to mello that he would choose an alias for himself that was a reference to that older student?
orangepunch
Global Moderator

Postby orangepunch » April 3rd, 2017, 11:29 pm

I am not sure.

Matti has just pointed out that there are sooooooo many references to Mello's name (Mihael) and Archangel Michael. She liked a suggestion we had in the past for a new name, but has now said that it should probably be a Croatian form of Michael, such as but not necessarily Mikael. There are, says Matti, actually several versions of Michael in Croatian. Does anyone have a favorite.

Mello sounds like Miho and yes like L. That is something to consider, but can be reverse engineered as in an element can be added to the character or more probably the greater concepts behind which can relate in some way to the pseudonym he chooses for himself. So if we pick a name and then a pseudonym (they don't both have to sound alike or start with the same letter, so a nickname is hard to pick maybe we can see if the narrative of the new backstory when Matti has it set up, presents any ideas)
lua

Postby lua » April 3rd, 2017, 11:38 pm

i'm so focused on the L thing because either it was said at some point as a background explanation and in that case i should be ignored or there is a moment in a novel that mello says he chose that alias and i think it's close to a scene in their home chapel because it was elle and m or something like that.

wasn't mihael's new name decided to be mihovil?

if it's still up for suggestions, i'm totally suggesting mikhail which is in no way the name of one of my favourite skaters nope you are mistaken.

i thought his alias would still follow that pattern i mentioned that i thought was canon in matti's novels, but if that isn't the case anymore, i suggest his alias should be another surname sounding word. melo is a portuguese surname and it's rather common to call someone by their surname in a nickname sort of way, so it doesn't sound all that weird. that's where my suggestion ends up. i got a list of these xD
lua

Postby lua » April 4th, 2017, 5:15 am

okay, i have a shameless alias suggestion: misha
kinofdragons
Site Admin

Postby kinofdragons » April 5th, 2017, 2:48 am

I like Misha. +1 for that.
For their grand schemes or bold words the proud pay with great wounds... and great wounds before today have taught sense even to the aged. - The Chorus from Antigone by Sophocles
lua

Postby lua » April 5th, 2017, 8:38 pm

i think madelyn is another vote on misha BUT if and only if the spelling is mischa
orangepunch
Global Moderator

Postby orangepunch » April 6th, 2017, 9:22 pm

Is that a Croatian name/are both Croatian/Yugoslavian names and spellings or is this the pseudonym

Return to “It Matters Editors Forum”