Mail Jeevas/ Matt needs a new name

For matters related to the striking of DN from IT Matters/Matti's fiction

Moderator: animeprincess

orangepunch
Global Moderator

Mail Jeevas/ Matt needs a new name

Postby orangepunch » April 2nd, 2017, 6:19 pm

Yes Matt has a plethora of names...but I think that he still needs replacement names for both "Matt" and "Mail Jeevas"

The Jeevas was suggested as Heras but I think Matt is actually shocked to learn his true last name. Mello says something... in ATWH possibly about his name being like Hey-baz before it was anglocised to Jeevas?

Obviously Matt is derived from It Matters and that can stay as is... he was only ever known as IM in Matt's novels... So, what might you call It Matters for short if you aren't going to call them Matt?
lua

Re: Mail Jeevas/ Matt needs a new name

Postby lua » April 3rd, 2017, 9:14 pm

i suggest Reeves, Reyes, Reparaz for his last name? something like that?

Liam could be cool, if you want to keep the letters of mail. maybe Miles if you want something closer to milo and emílio

i'd said the most obvious named to be derived from it matters is tim because it uses the first three letters but there is also sam. you're a y away of ramsey with those letters @_@ i totally vote sam
lua

Postby lua » April 5th, 2017, 9:16 pm

madelyn emotionally suggests matt's name (the replacement for mail jeevas) to be ilya rivas

and she has an actual essay also suggesting it to be miyo uva
lua

Postby lua » April 5th, 2017, 9:19 pm

i want to add a +1 vote for mail jeevas to be replaced with ilya rivas because that sounds lovely and ilya sounds like ilha that means island in portuguese and fits super well with matt's personality

also because ilya and misha/mischa would sound lovely together *coughs coughs*
lua

Postby lua » April 6th, 2017, 1:48 am

Madelyn had a revelation in the shower, the Spanish word for goats "chivas" is almost identical to Jeevas pronounced in English

Imagine a young Matt saying Chivas to Wammy who orthographically records it phonetically as Jeevas. it doesn't work from Heras, like Uva does but seriously.

also can you imagine matt seeing a bottle of that whisky and knowing the spelling
Last edited by lua on April 6th, 2017, 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
kinofdragons
Site Admin

Postby kinofdragons » April 6th, 2017, 1:49 am

I like Chivas better than Uvas, personally.
For their grand schemes or bold words the proud pay with great wounds... and great wounds before today have taught sense even to the aged. - The Chorus from Antigone by Sophocles

Return to “It Matters Editors Forum”