mafia

For matters related to the striking of DN from IT Matters/Matti's fiction

Moderator: animeprincess

lua

mafia

Postby lua » April 3rd, 2017, 10:33 pm

this was mentioned in one of the documents already up for editing

will the mafia remain as part of mello's background? if not, how will his paranoia be explained? if yes, will it be the same except from the parts that are in canon? most of the mafia parts in matti's novels are original so it could still make a lot of sense even without the canon bits
orangepunch
Global Moderator

Re: mafia

Postby orangepunch » April 3rd, 2017, 11:15 pm

Background to come! Thankfully something is in the works but I don't want to jinx it by saying before it is even written... He will join something mafia-esque.... Given it is not the mafia, we shall see how Matti writes it and then see where these elements can be drawn in. Really important consideration, especially with all the house security and will have to be considered carefully if/when Matti's new back story has been at least drafted and put into place.

This should be marked for looking at again when we have more info

Any additional thoughts on how we might address the paranoia/source thereof without the mafia until we do have more info on the backstory?
kinofdragons
Site Admin

Postby kinofdragons » April 5th, 2017, 2:52 am

If he still moved to LA he could easily join a cartel instead. They're essentially just as powerful. Plus the LA mafia is known as the "Mickey Mouse mafia" by rival branches so he wasn't exactly in a branch that was taken seriously in canon. Whereas cartels are taken very seriously.
For their grand schemes or bold words the proud pay with great wounds... and great wounds before today have taught sense even to the aged. - The Chorus from Antigone by Sophocles
lua

Postby lua » April 5th, 2017, 5:06 am

okay so latin combo is happening which basically means i'm coming in with madelyn's knowledge because i have no life and no knowledge and she has the knowledge and too much life u_u

madelyn has told me time and time again that it would make perfect sense if mello started things from the ground up. that works because la M aka the Mexican Mafia is, and here i quote her "a fucking gang". so l.a. has no actual mafia and it would work with matti's canon if mello went to l.a. and made it happen through gang culture
it would make perfect sense that the mafia came with mello and that it wasn't a thing that was happening in l.a. before mello arrived

there is even a story set in matti!canon called chúpame that she wrote and that touches on how l.a. is of the gangs and mello is of the mafia.

this is me going from what i learned from madelyn about l.a. and from canon now and i'm not sure if matti is set on writing a whole new background that has nothing to do with having a mafia but it isn't lifted from canon what happened with mello in l.a. or how the mafia came to be a thing there or how mello was involved in making it happen or any of the things that matti developed or left room to develop from the very vague concept of mello in the mafia that dn offers

Return to “It Matters Editors Forum”