Miel

Discuss Death Note's Matt as he appears in Matti's It Matters series.

Moderator: animeprincess

mrsj
Site Admin

Miel

Postby mrsj » June 17th, 2016, 2:45 pm

So why are the Latin Quarter here always nudging me away from guapo into cariño, when Spanish has a perfectly good substitute in 'miel'?

According to Google Translate it's pronounced similarly to Mail - in the vague ballpark anyway - but means 'honey', in the 'darling' sense. Plus - and this is highly important - has no keyboard killing, muse murdering wriggly bits on any 'n'.

:Spanish:
:SNES: :SNES: :SNES: :SNES: :mario: :SNES: :SNES: :SNES: :SNES:

2 Secs... let me just get this level...
amaryllis

Re: Miel

Postby amaryllis » June 17th, 2016, 4:37 pm

A+
Idealism sits in prison
Chivalry fell on his sword
Innocence died screaming
Honey, ask me, I should know
kinofdragons
Site Admin

Postby kinofdragons » June 18th, 2016, 2:54 am

I've never heard it. I have heard that the word for handcuffs is the same as the one for wives though. That cracked my shit up when I found out. Esposas.
For their grand schemes or bold words the proud pay with great wounds... and great wounds before today have taught sense even to the aged. - The Chorus from Antigone by Sophocles
kinofdragons
Site Admin

Postby kinofdragons » June 18th, 2016, 2:56 am

You could also go with 'mi amor'. Or, if you want to be naughty, 'sucio' which means 'dirty'. Or 'cielo' meaning 'sky/Heaven' which is a common endearment. Seriously though, 'sucio' would fit to a T.
For their grand schemes or bold words the proud pay with great wounds... and great wounds before today have taught sense even to the aged. - The Chorus from Antigone by Sophocles

Return to “Matt (Matti!Canon)”